Wednesday, December 19, 2007

From The Eyes Of A Litter


(Although “litter” means “rubbish things, garbage” etc, here I’ve used it in the context of a human being )

As the dawn breaks in beckoning a whole new day,
A shackled life searches for a way to exist,
The eternal firmament, seems, but a dusk of gray,
The soothing air, just a demented, grisly mist.
Sprouting of green leaves never happen in my life;
To imagine of tomorrow, hurts like one beastly pointed knife!

Lying by the side of the roads, inhaling dusty smokes,
With just a shattered gown to warm the soul,
These eyes gaze at speeding cars & busy people-my only hopes,
As I prepare myself for another battle, holding the blessed bowl.
Spits, abuses & awkward stares will be hurled at me,
Yet, I cannot, but plead with clasped hands, help this rusted body.

Sometimes a note, sometimes a clinking coin enriches my pot,
Sometimes a vicious kick leaves an agonizing black spot;
This has been my life through all these years & more,
As I’ve experienced countless internal uproars.
My identity is not a human, but a beggar,
And though you say, “I care for you”, you’ll despise me forever.

12 comments:

Alan said...

I don't know what to say really.
I'll get back to you- one of those days really, if you get my drift.

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

Umm..what do you mean? I didn't get your drift, Sean, sorry, I am pre-occupied with other things, excuse me.
Can you please explain?

-Sam.

Anonymous said...

lovely words...you have crafted them beautifully!

Alan said...

I am having/had one of those days- where you feel upside down and can't make sense of anything.
Also, I guess your empathy from the heart got/took me bt surprise.
Highly sensitised is my description of you today.

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

@ Kaylan,
Thank you.

@ Sean,
Aww. Don't be unhappy, we all have these kinds of days, you just have to wait for the tide to turn your way. *Hugs* Thanks, buddy!

-Sam.

cadiz12 said...

it's so very sad.

waliz said...

hi sam...beautifully expressed poem...i wish i can be more emphatic and understand more of the meaning...

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

@ Cadiz,
Firstly, thanks for visiting my blog.
Yes, it's sad. I'd written the 1st stanza of this poem 2 years back, but, had left it like that as I couldn't think of how to continue it & eventually finish. I took the poem & toiled hard a couple of days ago, the result you see here. :)

@ Waliz,
Thank you. Which part you didn't understand? Or the whole poem, I can help you if you want.

-Sam

Anonymous said...

nice poem:)

its true sometimes u cant categorise

(and no i m not a bengli and no i dont mind)

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

@ Zillion.

Haha, it's ok! True, we can't.

-Sam.

Lucid Darkness said...

I liked the way you captured the spirit of the road-dweller. It's simplicity delineates poignancy. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

*Bows.* Thank you very much, Lucid.

:)

-Sam.

More About Me??

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals