Saturday, December 15, 2007

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

----Dylan Thomas----

6 comments:

Alan said...

Because their words had forked no lightning they- like me will go quietly, and somewhat content into the night-ha.
Slow down man,I've only just got past Invictus and find I am again conquered. We'll have to nick name you the "post a minute man"
I have found from experience, most visitors to a blog hardly ever read past you 1st. post- especially the ones that know you already, and those that don't
- know you - may glance over what was past.... While I'm here I'll go and read ...........
Maybe indeed you're obsessed.
You're mad but I love it... you're the best kind of perso there is ... you've got passion .... as long as it or you don't let it take over, and you can use it to your advantage. I think you're doing this by expressing your feelings. Beware, there are those who will take advantage. Addictions are to me natures way to check and balance- you're drawn into conflict that makes you examin yourself/what you are doing and why.
Anyway, you have my email. I talk straight and give no bull-shit, but give only a little (what I deem necessary) as to my real identity.
Be well I hope you are enjoying the game.

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

Haha, ok, I will decrease my Blogging frequency, lol. I don't mind if readers don't go through my articles actually, I write them for fun, to express my feelings etc. Until recently, I was an unknown person in the Blogging sphere, only a few selected visited my blogs & vice versa, but, I kept on writing, now, I see that traffic to my site has really surged up 10 fold, I'm not complaining about it, haha.

-Sam.

Impressionist said...

nice blog u've got here brotha! :)
I will be back to read ur posts.
I have been very busy lately! another 2 days and ill be free again! :)

-Jeevy

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

Haha, thanks, bro. But, nothing compared to your masterpiece.

-Sam.

storyteller said...

Yes i simply love Dylan Thomas.nice blog :)

Kush said...

I have liked this poem sine the first time I read it back in class 10th!

More About Me??

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals