Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Burning Desire


(I was going to Kalyani by the 10:45 p.m. train. I was the only one in my compartment. Due to some technical problems, the lights were out.)


Fluttering in the wind like a nightingale,
Black hair covering the face,
Sweet sound of the hand full of bangles-
I was really in some burning craze!
Slowly, she came over & sat beside me;
Her rapid breathing warming the chill cold air
I saw her- she was so gorgeous to see:
My heart told me that I was having an affair!
Sparkling blue eyes with pale red lips,
Shining white teeth like some flower at bloom,
Her cold hand touched me, gave me the creeps
But, I was destined to become her groom.
She began to sing a melodious tone
I was really falling into a dream;
I knew her- was she my own?
All around darkness with a little yellow beam.
And I kept my head on her lap & slept
For hours which seemed endless nights,
But, then the lights came & clearly swept-
She just vanished out of sight!
And now, when I think of her,
My soul believes she was playing a game,
And as if she wants to whisper:

My burning desire- what is her name?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marvellously written. I like the way you've expressed yourself & brought out this wonderful feeling of falling in love with an unknown entity.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

More About Me??

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals